


Even in San Diego, fall is in the air. Of course the trees are not changing colors and there are no leaves falling to the ground. The weather here in San Diego has been so peculiar this year. There really hasn't been much of a summer. We have gotten more rain than any year of living here (which makes the tropical plants and flowers look so beautiful). In the Estes household I have all my fall candles burning, smells of cinnamon and spice and everything nice has been in our house. So, much so that I have Garrett wanting to buy a Christmas tree already...ha ha! SERIOUSLY!! He is crazy. He keeps putting off buying baby items(diapers, basic essentials) because he says we have plenty of time, but he wants to get a Christmas tree. What a crack up. [Let the bragging begin] I have also been cooking some pretty amazing meals for Garrett and I, that are so fragrant and smelling our house full of such aromas that I have given the "Betty homemaker" title to myself. I have always enjoyed cooking and absolutely LOVE feeding people, but found that I never had as much time when I was working. I usually just threw something together....now I let things bake or simmer all day and Garrett can hardly stand it. He said he is putting some weight on again. SO MY PLAN IS WORKING...haha!!! You don't think I would savor the getting large thing all for myself.....do you?? I have to involve the other guilty party in getting me pregnant to join me in the gaining weight process. We'll call it sympathy pains...BAHAHA[Evil laugh]!!
Speaking of the little growing boy in the belly, he is just moving and kicking up a storm. His favorite time to do it of course is night time, but he does it pretty much all day every day. I did read that if they are extremely active in the belly doesn't mean they will come out hyper. Haha!! WHAT A RELIEF. I was about to get a year supply of Ritalin for the little guy. KIDDING! Anyway, We are already in the third trimester and watching the time of our sweet little bundle of joy's arrival vastly moving upon us. So many beginnings and endings to the chapters in our lives. Garrett and I have come a long way in our relationship and have conquered so many hardships and countless military separations. I think it is safe to say I am having every emotion one could possibly have right now of self-doubt, anxiety, joy, excitement, blessed, happy, over-whelmed, pride...well you name it and I got it. I have never felt more unprepared and unknowing of anything in my life as I do about my parenting skills. I want nothing more than to be a good mother to my little boy. The word mother, something I never thought I was worthy of. It is such a powerful and meaningful word. Going through this process thus far has me feeling an even deeper admiration for all mothers out there. I pray I will live up to expectations and standards I have set for myself of actually being worthy of this title, MOM.
We have decided on a name, Carson Gage Estes. We went through so many before deciding on this one. It was probably the toughest decision we have made since finding out we were pregnant. SAD I know. We just felt alot of pressure when trying to decide.
Garrett and I took a short trip to Texas for a few things and even though the doctor has put restrictions on me, I am so glad I went. I am including a few photos of the trip, I truly only have that many. I don't have any with Garrett in them, BUT I say this with comfort and joy that everyone is doing well in our families.
I am ending this on a positive note. We have had alot of things going on, especially the last couple of months, and I am really just trying to focus on the blessings and prayers answered in our lives. Healthy baby, safe husband who is home, celebrating the life of dear friend lost in tragedy, and the complete healing of our sweet six month nephew Cole who had a horrible bacterial infection causing him so much pain. GOD IS GOOD! What an understatement.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3: 5&6
1 comment:
Love it silster!!!
Post a Comment