Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Home for the holidays

ALLIE AND AUNT TAMMY
There are alot more pictures out there...I think I took the very least. I will post them as soon as I get them from everyone. I was so thankful to be home for the holidays. Sarah and I had a great time preparing food and chatting. Lots of good bonding went on. I had a blast with Drury and Brian. They took Brian's parents and I to a neat restaurant in Lubbock. We all had some fantastic steaks. Yummm!!! Then the next day we drove to Plainview to Nana and Grandpapa's house. On the way Sarah and I heard from Garrett. He sounded wonderful. He had told us the General Petraeus visited the ship and gave an inspiring speech. They had a wonderful dinner on board and continued in their regular work hours. He has received the Christmas cards that were sent from the kids at Valley High...and loved them. He is now in search for an eye patch and a hand hook for Miss Madison Pigg. Who recently just celebrated her eighth birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY pretty girl. We love and miss you so much. I got introduced to my new sweet niece, ALLIE. She is precious and cannot wait til she is feeling better with her little tummy. So good to see everyone. After Plainview, My parents and I headed to my grandmother's house in Umburger, TX. It had been almost three years since I have seen her. It has been hard for me to go back there and face the fact that my grandfather will not be there when I go to visit. He is the first huge loss in my life and it is harder to face then I had imagined it to be. I am very glad I had my parents there by my side. It was a great visit though. I love my grandmother very much and I hope that Garrett gets the chance to get to know her a lot better. We also saw some of the Batenhorst crew. My dad's brother and his family. It was a great visit and so glad we did it. The next day my mom, dad, and I went through the house and looked at all of mom's antiques and valuables that she has inherited or collected over the years. It was a really neat thing to hear all the stories and emotion behind everything. Thanks mom and dad. Then on Saturday, Regina(my sister), gave birth to her very first baby. CHASE WILLIAM WARD. 9 pounds 3 ounces. 20.5 inches long. I am so proud and cannot wait to meet him at Christmas. CONGRATS REGINA AND CLAY!
So thank you everyone for making it a special Thanksgiving. I am so blessed and truly thankful for all of you in my life. ~WITH KAYLA MY COUSIN~
~AT GRANDMA'S WITH PARENTS~~ERICA AND ALLIE-MOMMA AND BABY~
~AND MADISON AND AUNT TAMMY~

~MYPARENTS LOOKING GREAT~

No comments: