Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas is almost here.

This year is such a huge change from last year. I remember being so sad last year because Garrett was over in the Gulf war. I was so sad for him having to spend Christmas away from his loved ones, and in such a harsh atmosphere. I remember feeling guilty when I was able to go home, or when ever I was able to relax and enjoy family time and meet my new nephew. However, Christmas or any holiday for that matter is just not the same without your soul mate. I felt such an empty void in my heart, especially when everyone was nestled up on the couch in front of the fire with their one and only. I MISSED him and longed for him everyday. I remember listening to this song by Taylor Swift(link below) and it really hitting home with me. But it is times like those that make you appreciate what you really have. This year is such a huge difference. My husband is home and we are so blessed to welcome our first child into the world around Christmas. We will have family in San Diego, and just so thrilled to have our little family growing. I can't tell you what my little Carson means to me. He is our Christmas wish and miracle. God has blessed us in many ways and I am so grateful to our good Lord for bringing my husband home safe and enriched our lives with this beautiful baby boy. It will be hard to top this Christmas, but I look forward to a lifetime with my boys and all the new memories our lives are about to hold. It feels so good to be happy and whole again, thank you sweet Garrett for making all my Christamas wishes come true. You are the light of my life. GOD BLESS YOU ALL and Merry Christmas!!


Taylor Swift - Christmases When You Were Mine lyrics | LyricsMode.com

No comments: