Well 9 months ago Garrett left to build this ship in Bath, Maine and the countdown is complete. Garrett's ship arrived today at 8:00am. I got to spend twenty wonderful minutes with him. We had so much fun talking and catching up. Then, my sailor had to report back to duty. It NEVER rains in San Diego but it did today. POURED ON OUR HEADS!!! haha! It was an amazing experience and I will never forget how great it felt to run down the pier and hug and kiss the person I love most in this world. We will see each other first thing on Saturday morning and the rest is history. Hope this finds everyone in good spirits. Much love from the Estes family all the way over in Cali.
Friday, December 7, 2007
USS SAMPSON has landed
Well 9 months ago Garrett left to build this ship in Bath, Maine and the countdown is complete. Garrett's ship arrived today at 8:00am. I got to spend twenty wonderful minutes with him. We had so much fun talking and catching up. Then, my sailor had to report back to duty. It NEVER rains in San Diego but it did today. POURED ON OUR HEADS!!! haha! It was an amazing experience and I will never forget how great it felt to run down the pier and hug and kiss the person I love most in this world. We will see each other first thing on Saturday morning and the rest is history. Hope this finds everyone in good spirits. Much love from the Estes family all the way over in Cali.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay!!! Call us when you guys are free to hang out!!! Dinner? Lunch? Shoot, I'll even get up and do breakfast!!!
I am so happy that your husband is home! Love that you have started the blog thing too. It is easy way to keep the family up to date. Happy Holidays!
Tammy B. Estes I am guessing.
Cool- Hope all is well. Who'd have ever thought we would live on opposite ends of the continent. Happy Christmas and New Year and congrats on your soldier boy!
Post a Comment